The Following is PDFs for Tabling
- Save the Kids Price Sheet
- Against Incarcerating Youth Sign
- Save the Kids Sign Up Sheet
- Save the Kids Logo for Photos
- Malcolm X Flyer
- Ending the School to Prison Pipeline Problems, Alternatives, and Tactics
- # No Youth In Prison
- Save the Kids Flyer
- Schools Vs Prisons
- STPP and LGBT Youth
- Locating the STPP by ACLU
- Are Our Children Being Pushed into Prison?
- STPP and Youth with Disabilities – 5Ss of the STPP
- Campaign for Youth Justice – Let’s Get Kids Out of Adult Jails, Courts, and Prisons
General Organizing Materials
- Midnight Special Law Collective
- Ruckus Society Campus Activism
- Organizing for Power
- Organizing for Change resource page
- Training for Change
- Highlander Research and Education Center
- Earth First! Manual
- Save the Kids setting up projecting off walls video – Click Here
- Making a Banner 101 – Click Here
- STK Handout 2016
- Save the Kids overview video – Click Here
- Here is three videos to understand our philosophy of Save the Kids better:
Part 1. Video
Part 2. Video
Part 3. Video
- STK Monthly Meeting Agenda – Click Here
- 1 to 3 Hour Mini-workshop STK
- HIPP Manual
- Save the Kids group-building activities video – Click Here
- Center for Constitutional Rights “If_An_Agent_Knocks”
- Know Your Rights for Protests by ACLU
- What_is_Security_Culture zine
- Accounting for Ourselves zine
- Example of a Collaboration Agreement_Form
- Consensus Decision Making Process by Seeds for Change
- Save the Kids Ground Rules 2018
- Working to Be In Solidarity with Oppressed
- Learning Consent zine
- Alternatives to Violence Project manual 1 and 2
REPORTS ON ENDING DETENTION
- SHIFTING AWAY FROM INCARCERATION: Fiscal Realignment Strategies to End the Mass Incarceration of Youth in the United States
- The Dangers of Detention: The Impact of Incarcerating Youth in Detention and Other Secure Facilities
- Reducing Youth Incarceration
DISMANTLING THE SCHOOL TO PRISON PIPELINE RESOURCES
- Test, Punish, and Pushout: How Zero Tolerance and High-Stakes Testing Funnel Youth into the School-to-Prison Pipeline (PDF)
- New York Civil Liberties Union – Youtube
- Schoolhouse/Jailhouse by Nancy Heitzeg
“Race, Class and Legal Risk in the United States: Youth of Color and Colluding Systems of Social Control” Forum on Public Policy, Oxford University Press, Winter 2009.
- Lockdown High (book)
- Zero Tolerance: Resisting the Drive for Punishment in Our Schools :A Handbook for Parents, Students, Educators, and Citizens
- Disrupting the School-to-Prison Pipeline
- NAACP – School to Prison Pipeline
- Ending the Schoolhouse to Jailhouse Track, A Program of Advancement Project
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- ACT 4 Juvenile Justice (ACT4JJ)
- International Juvenile Justice Observatory (IJJO)
- United Nations Interagency Panel on Juvenile Justice (IPJJ)
DISCIPLINE IN SCHOOLS BOOKS
- The Little Book of Restorative Discipline for Schools
- Taking Restorative Justice to Schools
- Discipline that Restores: Strategies to Create Respect, Cooperation, and Responsibility in the Classroom
- Just Schools: A Whole School Approach to Restorative Justice
- Students Resolving Conflict: Peer Mediation in Schools
- Peer Mediation: Conflict Resolution in Schools : Student Manual
- Ready-to-Use Conflict Resolution Activities for Secondary Students
- Using Peer Mediation in Classrooms and Schools: Strategies for Teachers, Counselors, and Administrators
- The Anger Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help You Deal with Anger and Frustration
- Conflict Resolution in the Classroom: Research on Teachers’ Understanding and Implementing Conflict Resolution Skills in the Early Childhood and Elementary Classroom
- Conflict Resolution Activities That Work!: Dozens of Easy & Effective Reading, Writing & Role-Playing Activities That Give Kids the Skills They Need to Get Along With One
- Conflict Resolution in the Classroom Workbook: Strategies, Activities, and Lesson Plans for the Pre-Kindergarten and Elementary Classroom
- Restorative Circles in Schools: Building Community and Enhancing Learning
- Conflict Resolution in the High School: 36 Lessons
- Conflict Resolution in Early Childhood: Helping Children Understand, Manage, and Resolve Conflicts
- Safe and Peaceful Schools: Addressing Conflict and Eliminating Violence
TRANSFORMATIVE JUSTICE ARTICLES
- Nocella, A. J. II. (2012). “An Overview of the History and Theory of Transformative Justice.” Peace & Conflict Review. Vol 6. Issue 1.
- An Interview with Mia Mingus, Oakland Champion of Change, on transformative justice
- “Transformative Justice and the Ethos of Nuremberg.” Jonathan Turley.
- “Developing, implementing, and researching a communitarian model for restorative & transformative justice.” Dot Goulding and Brian Steels.
- The Voices of Peacemaking Criminology: Insights Into a Perspective with an Eye Toward Teaching by John F. Wozniak
- Dona Coker (2002). Transformative Justice: Anti-Subordination Processes in Cases of Domestic Violence. In “Restorative Justice and Family Violence.” Edited By Heather Strang and John Braithwaite.
- Mary Louise Frampton (2008). Transformative Justice and the Dismantling of Slavery’s Legacy in Post-Modern America. In “After the War on Crime: Race, Democracy, and a New Reconstruction. Edtied By Mary Louise Frampton, Ian Haney Lopez, and Jonathan Simon. New York, NY: New York University Press.
- Karlene Faith. (1999). Transformative Justice versus Re-entrenched Correctionalism. In “Harsh Punishment International Experiences of Women’s Imprisonment” Edited By Sandy Cook and Susane Davies. Boston, MA: Northeastern University Press.
- Julie Mertus. (2011). From Legal Transplants to Transformative Justice: Human Rights and the Promise of Transnational Civil Society. In “American University International Law Review. Vol 14, Issue 5.
- Restorative or Transformative Justice? by Howard Zehr
- Towards Transformative Justice: Why a liberatory response to violence is necessary for a just world by generationFIVE
- Furthering Transformative Justice, Building Healthy Communities: An interview with Philly Stands Up
TRANSFORMATIVE JUSTICE BOOKS
- Ruth Morris, (2000). Stories of Transformative Justice.
- John F. Wozniak, Michael C. Braswell, Ronald E. Vogel and Kristie R. Blevins. (2008). Transformative Justice: Critical and Peacemaking Themes Influenced by Richard Quinney.
TRANSFORMATIVE JUSTICE ORGANIZATIONS
Alternatives to Violence Project (we recommend you get their manuals)
RESOURCES ON PRISON ALTERNATIVES
- The CR10 Publications Collective (eds.), Abolition Now!: Ten Years of Strategy and Struggle Against the Prison Industrial Complex (2008).
- Angela Y. Davis, Are Prisons Obsolete? (2003).
- Michelle Alexander. The New Jim Crow. (2012).
- Abolition Democracy: Beyond Empire, Torture, and Empire. (2005).
- Critical Resistance
- The End of Prisons (2013)
YOUTH JUSTICE ORGANIZATIONS
- Youth Justice Coalition
- American Friends Service Committee
- Seattle Young People’s Project
- Child Defense Fund
- Center for Community Alternatives
- Juvenile Justice Project of Louisiana
- Families and Friends of Louisiana Incarcerated Children
- InsideOUT Writers
- Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Campaign for Youth Justice
- Juvenile Law Center
- Cut Youth Incarceration
- Gate Ways for Incarcerated Youth
- Juvenile Detention Alternatives Initiative, Ramsey County, MN
- Juvenile Detention Alternatives Initiative, Hennepin County, MN
- The Missouri Approach
- Cayuga Homes
- Dignity in Schools
- Justice for Families
- Bakari Kitwana. Hip Hop Generation: Young Blacks and the Crisis in African American Culture. (2003).
- Jeffrey O. G. Ogbar. Hip-Hop Revolution: The Culture and Politics of Rap. (2009).
- S. Craig Watkins. Hip Hop Matters: Politics, Pop Culture, and the Struggle for the Soul of a Movement. (2006).
- Andreana Clay. The Hip-Hop Generation Fights Back: Youth, Activism and Post-Civil Rights Politics. (2012).
- Murray Forman and Mark Anthony Neal. That’s the Joint!: Hip Hop Studies Reader. (2011).
HIP HOP ACTIVIST ORGANIZATIONS
- Good Life Foundation
- Hip Hop 4 Life
- Project Hip-Hop
- Mississippi Youth Hip Hop Summit
- Black Youth Project Research
- Is Hip Hop History? Conference
- High School for the Recording Arts
- The Power of Hope
- Youth & Hip Hop Uganda
- Hip Hop Congress
- Living Word Project
- Urban Word NYC
- Hip Hop Educational Literacy Program
- Harvard University Hip Hop Archives
- Hip Hop Project
- The Manifesto
- Nomadic Wax
- Breakin Convention