JOIN SAVE THE KIDS
If you would like to volunteer with Save the Kids contact a chapter or start a chapter by contacting Selinda Guerrero at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. BECOME A PARTNER
- Are you a community-based grass-roots organization (501c3 or otherwise) that wants to work with fellow social and youth justice organizations dedicated to ending the incarceration of youth and the school to prison pipeline?
- Do you agree with STK’s principles and engage in activism?
If you say YES to these questions, please contact us and let’s make this movement bigger and more united!
- We ask all partners to participate in our national weeks of action and annual conferences when you can and to be on monthly conference calls.
3. START A STK CHAPTER
- Have you been involved with STK as an intern or volunteer, or are you dedicated to keeping youth out of incarceration or ending the school to prison pipeline?
- Do you agree with STK’s mission, purpose, principles, programs, and projects?
- Are you dedicated to prison abolition, transformative justice, and Hip Hop activism?
- Each chapter is made up of at least 4 people, which include two chapter coordinators.
- Annual Dues – 150.00 for materials such as ( Banner: 120.00 Shirt: 10.00, Hoodie: 20.00 Stickers each 1.50, buttons each 1.50, flyers, (see PDFs for tabling below)
- Organize in one event a month
- Participate in the annual conferences
- Participate in the national weeks of action
- Participate in the weekly conference call
- Promote your chapter’s activities and STK
4. THE FOLLOWING ARE PDFs FOR TABLING
- Save the kids Price Sheet
- Against Incarcerating Youth Sign
- STK Sign Up Sheet
- STK Logo for Photos
- Malcolm X Flyer
- Ending the School to Prison Pipeline Problems, Alternatives, and Tactics
- # No Youth In Prison
- Save the Kids Flyer
- Schools Vs Prisons
- STPP and LGBT Youth
- Locating the STPP by ACLU
- Are Our Children Being Pushed into Prison?
- STPP and Youth with Disabilities – 5Ss of the STPP
- Campaign for Youth Justice – Let’s Get Kids Out of Adult Jails, Courts, and Prisons
General Organizing Materials
- Midnight Special Law Collective
- Ruckus Society Campus Activism
- Organizing for Power
- Organizing for Change resource page
- Training for Change
- Highlander Research and Education Center
- Earth First! Manual
- Save the Kids setting up projecting off walls video – Click Here
- Making a Banner 101 – Click Here
- STK Handout 2016
- Save the Kids overview video – Click Here
- Here is three videos to understand our philosophy of Save the Kids better:
Part 1. Video
Part 2. Video
Part 3. Video
- STK Monthly Meeting Agenda – Click Here
- 1 to 3 Hour Mini-workshop STK
- HIPP Manual
- Save the Kids group-building activities video – Click Here
- Center for Constitutional Rights “If_An_Agent_Knocks”
- Know Your Rights for Protests by ACLU
- What_is_Security_Culture zine
- Accounting for Ourselves zine
- Example of a Collaboration Agreement_Form
- Consensus Decision Making Process by Seeds for Change
- Save the Kids Ground Rules 2018
- Working to Be In Solidarity with Oppressed
- Learning Consent zine