In the meantime, watch our 2017 Video and Share our National Week of Action Demands
We call on districts, states, and the federal government to adopt Education as a Human Right and implement the following demands:
- Shift funding from school police to counselors, peace builders and positive discipline.
- Fund and use transformative and restorative justice, mediation and positive interventions in schools.
- Stop the arrest, school removal and pushout of Black students and other students of color, LGBTQ youth, students that are homeless, and students with disabilities.
- Make sure states and districts focus on school climate under the new federal law – the Every Student Succeeds Act.
- End paddling and other forms of physical punishment in all schools.
- Invest in public education and divest from privatization and publicly funded, privately run charter schools.
Get Involved and Follow Us on Social Media!
- Learn how to become a member of DSC today!
- Like Us on Facebook!
- Follow Us on Twitter! Join the Conversation: #DSCWoA2018 #EndSchoolPushout #CounselorsNotCops
- You can download our 2017 Materials:
- Update your local WoA events here!